Thursday, April 30, 2015

SWAG



I recently had the opportunity to attend an author event in Milwaukee, WI and found myself enthralled by the variety of SWAG items that were offered. I suppose I'm paying closer attention to these things since I'll be attending the River City Book Bash 2015, as a signing author, in July (Cincinnati, OH) so I'm looking for things that would be good to add to my giveaway list. I'm also working on a gift basket for the event that will be raffled off. 

The thing that amazes me is the wide array of price ranges for these items. As an Indie Author, I want to be able to provide some unique items but not break the bank at the same time. With the help of my fellow author, Riann Leigh and a couple of great friends, we have been scouring the net for the perfect things. What are some of the things you like to get when you attend an event?

<><><>

While I'm taking a moment to discuss SWAG, let me just say that I was thrilled to get a signed copy of a Terry Spear book as part of the luncheon SWAG, among other things. Sharing lunch with this author was a fantastic experience. She's an amazingly interesting woman and I was honored to have the opportunity to sit at her table. If you haven't already, be sure to check out her books and give them a read.

Also in attendance was Damon Suede. His book, Hot Head, is a must read! I actually met him for the first time a few years ago in Kansas City and immediately found myself drawn to the cover of Hot Head and to Damon, himself. He has a great sense of presence and a wonderful conversationalist. I also noticed that his gift basket that was being raffled off contained an abundance of tickets. Everybody wanted what he was giving away. If memory serves me right, there was a Kindle tucked in among the items. SWEET!

Thanks to Barbara Vey for hosting this fabulous event/luncheon that not only gave fans an opportunity to interact with some of the best authors, but also managed to raise $10,074 for the American Cancer Society. I definitely plan to attend again next year.

<><><>

No trip to Milwaukee would be complete without visiting the life-size statue of "The Fonz" so "Hannah" had an opportunity to discuss life on the riverfront with him. Thanks for Laura Therault for her eye behind the camera. 









No comments:

Post a Comment