Friday, April 8, 2016

Give Something New A Try



Under the advisement of a life coach friend of mine, I am attempting to make better choices when it comes to food consumption. So, today, while I'm working at my favorite coffee shop (see pic), I decided to switch from my usual morning green tea (gunpowder) and opt for a "surprise" drink. The wonderful barista, who just happens to be one of their best employees (in my opinion) asked what fruits I like and created a strawberry/peach 'n' ice drink. To my utmost shock (as I really wanted my tea) the flavors burst onto my tongue like a crisp summer breeze. I can make out the hints of each fruit flavor along with the coolness of the frozen goodness.

This is a drink I would highly recommend and proves to me that you are never too old to try something new. And it just might give me the kick start I need to jump into writer mode for a few hours, as I hear the ASC crew beckoning me as I type these words. 

Does this mean I will be avoiding my caffeinated favorite latte? Or my green tea that I so dearly enjoy? Nope! But it does mean I will be choosing them less often and opting for a healthier variety beverage. And for those of you who want to fuss at me about my drink choices, let me tell you that I am an all day, every day water drinker, so don't be hatin' on me for indulging in the yummy goodness of a turtle latte, gun powder tea, or fruit 'n' ice.




No comments:

Post a Comment