Sunday, June 26, 2016

Tips for mini work-cations!



When planning a weekend getaway that will include quiet work time, or in my case, time to write, I have a few tips for you to keep in mind....


* Make sure the place you stay is somewhat soundproof. It's freaking hard to work when you have doors slamming shut all day/night long.

* Be sure there is a coffee shop within a ten mile radius. (This should be number one on the list in my opinion.)

* Verify that "WIFI" on the hotel website means fast speed and not something from the "dial-up" ages.

* Know that just because there is a Pizza Hut and Subway within a mile does NOT mean there are other choices in the area.

* Check with the people at the desk to make sure they will knock before entering your room with their key cards.... Even after telling them you will NOT need maid service because you plan to stay in the room for most of the time and work. (This happened to me, not once but five times during the night/morning. Thank goodness for the security lock on my side or they would have gotten a sight that bleach wouldn't have been able to remove from their brains. Bahahahaha) I mean, seriously, doesn't the DO NOT DISTURB sign mean anything these days?


These are just a few tips that I was reminded of during my recent weekend work-cation. Needless to say, I decided to come home a day early since I couldn't do any of the work that had to be finished during said weekend.

Although, I will admit that my time spent "relaxing" was well worth the drive to the middle of Nowhere, USA. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment