Monday, August 18, 2014

Tears



"Beauty of whatever kind, in its supreme development, invariably excites the sensitive soul to tears."
~~Edgar Allan Poe~~


There is no doubt I have a sensitive soul today because tears are free flowing for the silliest of things. Let me give you one example... I'm paying Bubble Witch Saga 2 and have been stuck on level 156 for more than two weeks. I finally beat the level tonight and it was like someone turned on the faucet in my tear ducts. Then I'm talking with a friend who is also my editor and we're discussing how much time she gets to spend with her husband and children. Here we go again.... faucet time. While I'm sure part of it is that it has been entirely too long since I've seen my own child (miles and miles of distance between us); I also suppose I can contribute part of it to the fact that I've always been overly emotional about things. 

I've learned over the years that an idle mind is not a good thing for me. Which is probably why I'm the person who runs ten browsers at once with multiple tabs going on the majority of them; plus working on the writing of two different book series, at the same time; reading a book; and playing games, too. Oh and let's not forget watching WWE also. It keeps my mind occupied, for the most part. But there are times even doing all of that when I am twiddling my thumbs. NEVER a good thing to happen in my life. 

Curiosity has me wondering what you do to keep your mind busy or keep the doom and gloom out away from your emotions? 

1 comment:

  1. I can relate to those emotions. I too have gloomy days like those but the one good thing is that we have friends we can share them with and know they understand us. I usually like to read when I'm in that mood.

    ReplyDelete