Monday, August 4, 2014

Website! Website! Website! Headache! Headache! Headache!



Katorah Kenway's Website


Let me start out by announcing that I now have a website dedicated to my author side. I'm excited about it, even if it's only in the early stages. 

Next, let's talk about website building and services. For years, and I mean years, I've been a fan of GoDaddy for my website needs until I started to create the site for the other pen name I use along with a fabulous co-author. We've been working on that one for several months now and just can't quite get it the way we want, which is becoming a nightmare to me. I've spent countless hours trying to adjust one photo that just won't do what I want it to do. My head splits open just thinking about it, sometimes.

So when I went in search of the site to use for building Katorah's webpage, I decided to step away from GoDaddy to see what was available. 

Now, I heard good things about Webstarts.com, so I thought I'd give it a try. LOVE IT! The ease of creating the page was incredible. It put GoDaddy to shame. I, however, opted for the free site builder, for now, and the editing phase is still just that easy. I will however, go or the monthly fee based one, at some point, which will remove the "webstarts" from my URL name, which is now katorahkenway.webstarts.com

I really don't have an issue with having the "webstarts" in my tagline, it's just a way for them to get some advertising and I'm getting a free website out of it. My issue with the monthly fee is that they don't want to collect it monthly, they want it yearly. While it's reasonable in price, when you're working on a limited budget (new author here) you need things billed out in monthly installments instead of lump sums. 

The advantage of paying for the extra service is that they give you a certain number of advertising credits and get your name out there in search engines. Right now, I'm depending on you, my friends/fans, to help spread the word via FB, chats, blogs, etc. In which I am eternally grateful to you for doing so. With that being said, if you have something you want to share with others, let me know. I'll be glad to help with that. 

So, if you have any website building stories you'd like to tell us about, feel free to share. I'd love to hear them and I'm sure others would to. If you have suggestions or tips, those are also welcome. 




No comments:

Post a Comment