Sunday, October 26, 2014

A Frown Among Smiles


Why is it that no matter how hard you try to smile some days, nothing will pop up but a frown? Do you ever have days like that?

I've always lived under the impression that all things happen for a reason. Well.... today I'm questioning that philosophy. Why you ask? Because yesterday I had the great honor to enjoy a totally relaxing afternoon downtown, with a friend, at one of the locally owned coffee shops. We chatted with a retired couple that sat across from us while soaking up the ambiance of the area. All of this was well and good, but on the way home my car decided to start flashing with the "check charging systems" light. Yay! I say to myself, because of course things have been going in the right direction lately so it was time for a bit of disaster to hit, right? Right. I'd been what? A whole week without something bad happening. Record breaking, I'd say. lol.

Anyway, it just so happens that the friend I was with has a connection to a mechanic. Woohoo! Always good to have one of those around. So, we get to where he can check things out and of course does the car give him any trouble or signs of a problem? NO! So I head home noticing that the further I drove the dimmer my lights were getting. I turned onto the road the house is on and the car just quit. No warning. Nothing. I coasted into the driveway and am now awaiting a visit from the mechanic. Thank goodness he's willing to come look at it on a Sunday since not only do I need a way to work tomorrow, but I'm blocking others in the driveway, as well. Granted I would have parked on the street had it not been for the fact there were no spots available for me to coast into at that time of the evening and I certainly didn't think I'd be able to turn around and come back while having no power. Not that I didn't want to channel my inner "author goddess" and write a whole different outcome to the situation. Wouldn't that be nice, if we could do such a thing.

So, as I said in the beginning, smiles are very hard to come by today and the idea that it all happens for a reason? Okay, so maybe Sir "A" (what we'll call our friendly mechanic) will have a single, good-looking, eligible friend along to help him out and said friend will be knocked over by my goddessness and fall at me feet in lurve. Bahahahahahaha I'm sure that'll happen since I'm in old sweats and no make-up today and lets not forget the glasses instead of contacts. But one can dream, right? Yep!

2 comments: