Monday, November 18, 2013

A Time Of Thanks



With Thanksgiving just around the corner, it's time to think about the things that we're thankful for, so I ask you, what things are you giving thanks for this holiday season?

Me? I'm thankful for....

*... I'm especially thankful for the wonderful son that God gave me. Even though he is an adult now, it seems like just yesterday that he was an infant in my arms. He has grown into a young man that I'm proud of. As with any child, there have been ups and downs in his life and in spite of those he has overcome the obstacles with his head held high. It's nice to know that he is striving to better himself and I'm happy for the fact that he has someone special in his life to help support his decisions. Someone that I can tell has his back, no matter what. How many people can say that in a relationship? These days, not many, I'm afraid. So I guess that leads to the second thing I'm grateful for this season....

*.... A wonderful young lady that has become an important factor in my son's life, along with mine. I'm so thrilled to have her as part of the "family".

*... Next, I'm thankful for the wonderful network of friends I have. Over the past couple of years they have supported me through some rough times. Without them I don't know where I'd be at this point in my life. Everyone should have friends as incredible as the ones that I have. Ya'll know who you are. My peeps from the U.S. of A. to Romania to Australia to New Zealand to South Africa and more. Thank you for all the encouraging words and just being there when I needed to get things off my chest. I love you guys.

*... A fantastic job that I love. My co-workers are the best.

*... The ability to write my thoughts in a blog to share with others.

*... That I've been given the opportunity to write a book series with a great co-author. My friend, you rock! I can't wait until we are ready for the publishing stage of things. Writing with you has been a soul touching experience. Our characters are truly a part of "us" and I can't wait to share them with others.

*... Having books to read by some amazing writers. Please, if you have the desire to write, do so. We can never have too many books. And if you're turned down by publishers, don't let it discourage you. Keep on trying.

There are so many other things that I'm thankful for this year; too many to list if truth be told. Which makes me wonder... do you ever think about making a list of things your thankful for any other time of the year? Maybe we should. Have you ever thought about how these lists make you feel? When I write them I feel a certain peace in my heart, so why not do these lists several times throughout the year? Something to think about.


No comments:

Post a Comment