Thursday, November 14, 2013

Books! Books! And More Books!



Is there any such thing as too many books?

No, you say? I couldn't agree more. Just because everywhere I turn there is another stack of books does not mean I have too many, right? Open a drawer, find a stash of books. Slide the closet door open, more books. Under the bed, books and dust bunnies. Isn't that what's under yours? What is that tucked under the window? A pile of books? Why yes. Yes it is.

In my opinion, one can never have too many books. Books provide hours of entertainment. They relax, enthrall, educate, and excite us. Is there anything better than curling up with a good book in hand? Okay, so yeah, there are a few things I can think of but when those particular things aren't happening, then books are the next best thing.

Tonight I sit with my Kindle on one side and a paperback on the other, laptop in front of me. I look around the room at all the books tucked in every nook and cranny and laugh wondering if there are any spots left to tuck a few here and there.

I'm the person who swore she'd never get an e-reader because I love the feel of a real book in my hands. However, I have altered that opinion over the past year, thanks to a friend who gifted me my first Kindle. I've discovered the benefits of the portability of an e-reader; the fact that you can read anything you want without worrying what others think because the cover of the book isn't out there for all eyes to see, whether it's a romance novel or a history book. Although I read book after book on my Kindle, I still have a love and passion for a book with real pages. There are some books that I just have to have the complete collection in print for my shelves and I don't just mean the classics.

So now I wonder where are some of the strangest places that you have books stashed away?

No comments:

Post a Comment