Monday, June 30, 2014

Does the editing nightmare ever end?




Edit! Edit! Edit! At it again. Received the print version proof today for Hers to Have and needed to make some changes. One thing lead to another and boom! an edit frenzy. Mostly style issues and a couple of typos. With luck I'll have it all finished tonight. Back to the publishers tomorrow and then final proof within 24 hours. Then we'll be up and ready for the print edition.

Now my question is, why can't editing the eBook format be that simple? These same changes (the typos, like mistakenly using the word "lead" instead of "led", thank you Google docs for telling me it was wrong to begin with when I was pretty darn sure it was correct) need to be made on the eBook that has already been released on Amazon.com. Now, I submitted a format change the day the book came out, which I was informed could take up to four weeks before publishing. (See yesterday's blog for that "vent"), now I've caught the few typos and grammatical errors, which will drive me bonkers, and I have to think, is it worth the hassle of submitting the changes and waiting another four weeks? Yep. I'll probably do that. Of course it means going through the document again because as I mentioned yesterday, each format has a different document. Fun. Fun. 


Remind me again why I like writing so much? Oh yes, because it is in my brain whether I want it to be or not. The words just flow through my head as if the characters were sitting up there in their own little world babbling non stop until I put it down on the pages. Crazy? Aren't we all, just a wee bit? 

No comments:

Post a Comment