Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Amazing Friends



There are those moments in life when you stand by your car, as you're getting off work, and wonder.... Is it a margarita night or a coffee night. You've had a bad day. A really bad day. So you think, well, a good shot of tequila would be good. However, do you want to deal with the repercussions the next day? Hmmm.... Would it be worth it? Probably so. Then as you contemplate a few more minutes you glance at your text messages, because you've had no access to your phone for the last seven-plus hours (rules and regulations), and what do you see? A text from that amazing friend. The one that always knows you need a hug or a simple hello. Well, this friend tells me via text, that tonight's coffee treat (I prefer turtle latte, no whip, yes drizzle), is on her. It's paid for, just tell them at the drive-thru who you are. Of course since I frequent the place quite often and so does she, they know us, most of the time. Although, they do have a rapid turnover in employees, but it doesn't take them long to learn who we are.

Best part is, Scooter's is across the street from the building I'm working in this morning AND right on the way home. How perfect is that? Anyway, I go in to get my "free" coffee and the two girls working inside thought that was one of the sweetest things, that my friend had paid for my coffee. I must say, I have to agree. So, Riann, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Not only for being my friend, but also for steering me towards the better choice tonight. I'm sure I would have regretted the margaritas with tequila shooters. 

Then of course, on the way home, I called my other "bestie", you know who you are, and vent to her. Once again, she is the voice of reason in my head. Funny thing is I often picture her as the little subconscious that sits on your shoulder offering you sound advice. Then again, I kind of see her as the one on the other shoulder encouraging you to "Go ahead! Give it a try". Either way, thanks for cooling my temper down before I went in the house tonight. While I was still someone fuming over things, it was a slow simmer instead of an all out boil.

For those of you who are wondering just what happened today.... In order to protect the innocent, I'll be keeping those details to myself. But I will say this.... imagine spending all your efforts into making things run smoothly. You think things are going just as planned and then "the boss" walks in and knock the wind out of your sails making you sink to the bottom of the ocean over something so minute that it wasn't even worth dealing with. But yet, while you're checking out the view from the depths of the ocean floor, you look up to see the light and swim towards it so you can surface to get air only you look down to discover you ankle has been tied to the remains of a ship wreck. "Typical," you say to yourself, as this is the normal for your life. Get things going in the direction you want and BAM! You're knocked right back down into the murky waters once again.

Well, all is not lost. Thanks to two wonderful friends (and a few alter-egos in my writing world) all in the RL life of Katorah K is slowly tilting back onto a balanced axis and is slowly starting to rise to the surface. Tomorrow is another day and regardless of what today brought, tomorrow will be met with a smile. At least if nothing else, people will wonder what I'm up to.   

And may I just add that my wonderful friend, Kalani just sent me a text after hearing about my day and her response was, "Don't worry about it. The "boss" probably didn't get laid last night and needed to take it out on someone." When I sent back to her that I was crackin' up from her response, she said, "My work here is done." Yes it is, Kalani. Thanks babe for giving me a good laugh tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment