Tuesday, October 29, 2013

"Buy her books and buy her books and all she does is eat the pages."

"Buy her books and buy her books and all she does is eat the pages." Have you ever heard that saying before?

When I was growing up I heard that more times than I can count. Most of the time it was in relation to the fact that I was blonde and occasionally had a blonde moment. Even blondes with high IQs can have those duh moments.

What's my point? Well, that phrase has popped into my head  today as I finished one book, began the next one, and found three more I wanted to read RIGHT NOW! So I'm wondering, is it possible to just absorb the words from the pages into your system so you can read multiple books in a day? Yeah, I didn't think so. Unless of course you are like me and spend every spare second reading so you can finish one book to start the next great read. Luckily, in my case, I'm a multi-tasker, so I can do multiple things at once while still reading my current book. Which is terrific since there are so many wonderful authors out there.

I've discovered that yes, there are the well known authors that we all fall back on because we love their writing, but if you dig through the suggested reads and new author links, you can find some fabulous up and coming writers out there. Just in the past month I've come across several that I've contacted to let them know I can't wait for their next book.

If you find something new that you've read, why not share it with others? Get the word out there about what you're reading and who wrote it. Drop a line to that author and tell them what you think about their work. The author's I've spoken with lately truly appreciate hearing from fans. I know that as a writer myself, I love to hear feedback from fans.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment