Friday, October 11, 2013

Freedom of speech! Do we still have it?

My question today is, what has happened to our first amendment rights? I've heard stories over the past couple of days that employers are having their human resource departments contact employees to remove items from said employee's personal social pages. Now excuse me for being rude but, WHAT THE HECK?

If I state that I had a bad day at work today, isn't that my right to do so? If I want to post a picture of the American flag with military personnel in the picture, isn't that also my right? I can not believe that employers of The United States are telling employees they need to remove such pictures. Aren't these pictures honoring the men and women who fought for our FREEDOM? Oh wait! Maybe we aren't free anymore since our employers can dictate to us what we can and can not say or post on our own time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment