Sunday, March 16, 2014

Is The Shoe Gonna Drop?



Were we raised in a society that teaches us to expect the "other shoe to drop" when things are going well in our lives? Why do we find ourselves not being able to accept the fact that maybe, just maybe for once in our life something good is happening and go with the flow of that? Possibly because whenever good things happen we often find out that something bad falls right along beside it?

While I sit and ponder these questions tonight I wonder if others feel that way too. It has always seemed that in my lifetime when things were going in what seems to be the right direction something happens to knock me down off the rails. So I wonder, is this MY time? Could it be that finally, after all the years of suffering I endured, it's now time for me to find the happiness that I've always dreamed of having?

I guess I'll have to continue to ride the path this train seems to be taking me on and keep praying for the best, because right now, life is all smiles and sunshine in my heart. I'm going to take it one day at a time and see where the path takes me. What I can say without any doubt is that I have an awesome group of friends who are at my side through each and every step of the way and I would never have made it this far without them. It also helps that I have a wonderful, incredible son and his amazing girlfriend, who are supportive and want nothing more than to see me happy. I love them all for being with me through the trials and tribulations that is known as life.

No comments:

Post a Comment