Thursday, March 27, 2014

Spring! Spring! Wherefore Art Thou?


According to my calendar Spring has arrived, yet when you step outside it's currently 34-degrees and raining out with wind gusts up to 30 mph. Really? If this is the definition of Spring I demand Webster's correct their dictionaries.

What about you? Are you tired of Mr. Frost knocking on your door?

My favorite seasons are Spring and Fall and I must say that I am more than ready for Spring to spring into action this year.

Has anyone else noticed that the longer the cold seems to stick with us, the nastier people's attitudes grow? Maybe that's not the correct words to describe it. How about the more depressed people seem to be? Yeah, that's a better description.

I'm so ready for happy, smiling faces to greet me instead of frowns and groans. And I don't just mean from adults. Kids seem to be experiencing the same types of symptoms. On that note, suddenly I have a song stuck in my head..... (Yes, this is probably "dating" myself by having this particular song in my head, but hey, oh well, at least it's not Mr. Roger's Neighborhood theme song.) Come On Get Happy! Who else still thinks Keith Partridge was just the cutest? Personally, I always thought his RL brother was cuter than him.... Shaun Cassidy.... YUMMO! Now there's a smile! So now I'm suddenly thinking about trying to find The Partridge Family and The Hardy Boys on DVD. The question is, as an adult will we find these fellas still as H.O.T. as we did when we were kids? Because honesty as adults, these two brothers are not so H.O.T. anymore. But then again, I guess you could say the same thing about me. I definitely don't have the teenage body anymore but even for a middle aged woman I think I can be downright sexy when I wanna be. Then again that might just be in that fantasy world I live in. :P

Back to the subject of Spring.... Are you ready for the flowers to bloom? The birds to sing? Okay, I could agree with the flowers blooming because I absolutely love flowers. Speaking of flowers, do you like to receive flowers from friends, loved ones, significant others? In the past I was always told (by the ex-significant other) that giving flowers was a waste of time and money because they were only going to die. Even though I often said I agreed with that philosophy, I honestly didn't. I think getting flowers from someone, even if it's just because they're thinking of you, is one of the nicest things. They don't have to be some expensive bouquet or arrangement. They could be something as simple as a wild flower picked from the side of the road. It's the thought that counts, not the amount of money put into them. Although one can never go wrong with roses. haha. As for the birds singing? Yeah, I love to hear them. It let's you know the warmer seasons are upon us. However, I can do without the not-so-lovely items they leave behind on my car when I have to park near the trees at work.

So in closing I say even if the weather won't cooperate with us by popping into Spring mode, let's get out there and sing a song, do a little dance, smile a wide smile, and spread the joy of Spring.


No comments:

Post a Comment