Thursday, March 6, 2014

Smile!



My goal in life is to make someone smile each and every day. I think the world is a better place when you see smiles all around you. What do you think?

One of my favorite things to see is a child's face light up with a smile and sometimes, these days, that can be a rare thing. It's sad to say, but so very true. For example, there is this one child that I know that always has a frown on their face as if life is miserable. Now I don't know all that goes on in this child's home life, but I get the feeling it's not all roses, that's for sure. My heart reaches out for a child like this and if there's one thing that makes me smile is to see this child turn that frown upside down. Today was one of those days and it was nothing major that caused the smiling reaction. It was simply me taking a marker and helping them color a picture. Of course the part that made them smile was when we began to playfully argue over where my color should be on the page. I had purple, they had yellow. I wanted one of the three "critters" on the page to be purple while the other two would be yellow. We teased each other back and forth until the critter became a purple/yellow scribbled blog. The child laughed hysterically at how it turned out. Something so simple brought a moment of joy into a child's life and a lifetime of remembrance for me because I will always look back on moments like those and cherish them.

What have you done today to make someone smile? I challenge you to find some way to pass a smile along to another person today, even if it's a total stranger. Let me know how it turns out. :) Let's see how many smiles we can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment